SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Nicole Meiller, Kaila Kilwein, Kailey Hansen and Kalliah McCartney each won individual events and McCartney added an all-around title to help Sacramento State to a 194.925-192.675 victory over Air Force on Sunday at The Nest. The score was the second highest for the Hornets this season.
Competing in her final home meet, Meiller helped the Hornets to a strong start, tying her personal best of 9.850 to finish first on vault. Hansen finished third with a 9.775 and McCartney was close behind with a 9.750. As a team, the Hornets scored 48.750 in the event and held a .425 point lead over the Falcons after the first rotation.
Sacramento State was forced to count a fall in the second rotation on bars but still posted a 48.400. Kilwein earned her first career victory in any event with a career high of 9.825. McCartney and Meiller tied for second place at 9.775.
The Hornets pulled away on beam with a season high of 48.950 which also ranks ninth in school history. Dallas Smith opened with a 9.700 and Kayla Wonderly added a 9.725. The final three scores came in the last half of the order where Cayla Beutler received a 9.800, Hansen a 9.875 and McCartney a 9.850. Including Elideth Guerrero's 9.675, which did not count towards the team total, Sacramento State accounted for the top six scores in the meet.
McCartney, Katie Osaki and Beutler had the top three scores on floor during the final rotation. McCartney won the event for the fifth time this year with a 9.875. The other two tied for second with each receiving a 9.800.
McCartney won the all-around for the seventh time this season with a four-event total of 39.250.
The team will next travel to Cedar City, Utah for the Western Athletic Conference Championships on March 23.
Sacramento State 194.925, Air Force 192.675
1. Nicole Meiller, SAC, 9.850; 3. Kailey Hansen 9.775; 4. Kalliah McCartney 9.750; 5. Katie Osaki 9.700; 6. Tina Necas 9.675; 12. Cayla Beutler 9.175.
1. Kaila Kilwein, SAC, 9.825; T2. Kalliah McCartney, Nicole Meiller 9.775; T6. Ashley Wooff 9.700; 10. Cayla Beutler 9.325; 12. Cassie Benning 9.125.
1. Kailey Hansen, SAC, 9.875; 2. Kalliah McCartney 9.850; 3. Cayla Beutler 9.800; 4. Kayla Wonderly 9.725; 5. Dallas Smith 9.700; 6. Elideth Guerrero 9.675.
1. Kalliah McCartney, SAC, 9.875; T2. Katie Osaki, Cayla Beutler 9.800; T5. Dallas Smith 9.725; T9. Kaila Kilwein 9.625; 12. Kailey Hansen 9.175.
1. Kalliah McCartney, SAC, 39.250; 5. Cayla Beutler 38.100.