AZUSA, Calif. — The Sacramento State track and field teams started a multi-meet weekend with a pair of school top 10 marks as well as 10 career bests at the Bryan Clay and Beach Invitationals on Friday. The Hornet throwers will complete the weekend action at the second day of the Beach Invitational on Saturday.
WOMEN'S TRACK HIGHLIGHTS
- Sacramento State cracked the school top 10 in the first event of the day at the Bryan Clay Invitational. The women's 4x100 team of Mikayla Revera, Shilah Bedingfield, Amari Jones and Brittany Patterson ran 45.65 to place third in the meet and move into third place in school history. Sacramento State's time is the fastest in the Big Sky this year and is the best by a Hornet relay team since 2015.
- Bedingfield returned to have the fastest collegiate times in both the 200 and 400. Her 200 time of 23.12 ranked second in the meet while her mark of 53.69 placed her third overall in the 400. Bedingfield's 200 time was aided by a wind of 2.7 meters per second. The time, however, counts towards the Big Sky performance list, and makes her the first woman in the conference to run sub 24 seconds this year. Her 400 time moved her up one spot in the school record book where she's now second. Bedingfield was already the only Big Sky female to run under 55 seconds and now leads the conference by nearly 1.5 seconds.
- The team had two others set PRs in the 200 as Meaghan Rogers ran 25.60 and Jasmin Correa crossed in 25.96.
- Artearra Coffey set a personal best in the 400-hurdles in 1:03.41. Cassidy Zurn also shined in the event as she placed fifth in 59.63 which was just off her PR of 59.52.
MEN'S TRACK HIGHLIGHTS
- Jabari Reynolds had a pair of PRs in the 200 and 400. Reynolds was 26th in the 200 in 12.69 and 31st in the 400 in 48.74.
- Zach Blackwood added the other PR for the men after running 1:54.43 in the 800.
WOMEN'S FIELD HIGHLIGHTS
- At the Beach Invitational, Jelaia Jones and Rhaven Dean each had career bests in the hammer. Jones threw 172-07 which moved her into a tie for fourth place in the Big Sky this season. The mark surpassed her previous best of 166-09 which was set last week at the Aggie Open. Dean had a long of 171-06 which was a 2-inch improvement over her previous PR.
- Brittany Patterson placed fifth in the triple jump and was 13th in the long jump. Patterson's best triple jump of 40-11.75 came on her first attempt. She had a long jump of 19-04.75 on her third jump.
MEN'S FIELD HIGHLIGHTS
- Adrienne Jackson had the highest individual finish for the men by placing seventh in the triple jump. Jackson surpassed 48-feet for the second consecutive meet with a best of 48-04.00.
- Ryan Tennant long jumped 24-01.00 which moved him into fourth place in the Big Sky this year. However, the mark was wind-aided which prevented him from setting his PR. Frederick Wagner V did set a PR in the event with a best of 22-07.75.
Bryan Clay Invitational
100: 42. Amari Jones 12.11; 65. Meaghan Rogers 12.32.
200: 2. Shilah Bedingfield 23.12; 39. Amari Jones 24.73; 94. Meaghan Rogers 25.60; 108. Jasmin Correa 25.96; 109. Emilia Del Hoyo 25.99.
400: 3. Shilah Bedingfield 53.69; 66. Jasmin Correa 1:00.07.
100H: 22. Emilia Del Hoyo 14.28; 29. Artearra Coffey 14.44; 40. Cassidy Zurn 14.77; 47. Chloe Lindbo 14.96.
400H: 5. Cassidy Zurn 59.63; 25. Artearra Coffey 1:03.41.
STPL: 66. Rachel Victor 11:21.39.
4x100: 3. Sacramento State 45.65.
HJ: T17. Shelby Dozier 5-05.25; 19. Jade Cany 5-05.25.
PV: 35. Tessa Davis 11-03.75.
LJ: 13. Brittany Patterson 18-06.50; 33. Emilia Del Hoyo 18-06.50.
TJ: 5. Brittany Patterson 40-11.75; Nashedah Mu'Min Foul.
100: 74. Clinton Spellman 11.01.
200: 26. Jabari Reynolds 21.69; 33. Jose Rodriguez 21.86; 45. Clinton Spellman 22.07.
400: 31. Jabari Reynolds 48.74; 51. Jose Rodriguez 49.41; 60. Frederick Wagner V 49.68; 78. Calvin Spellman 50.24.
800: 68. Abraham Maldonado 1:53.02; 101. Zach Blackwood 1:54.43.
HJ: 15. Jevin Kitchen 6-07.00.
LJ: 12. Ryan Tennant 24-01.00; 37. Frederick Wagner V 22-07.75; 59. Adrienne Jackson 21-04.00.
TJ: 7. Adrienne Jackson 48-04.00; 10. Tegbir Jhutty 47-09.00; 18. Ryan Tennant 46-06.75.
HAM: 39. Jelaia Jones 172-07; 42. Rhaven Dean 171-06; 53. Morgan Jones 165-10.
HAM: 60. Kyle Peterson 171-04.