Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
• Sacramento State (21-17) has one of its lightest workload weeks of the season as the Hornets will play just one day this week. That will come on Wednesday at Fresno State (24-12). The two teams will play a doubleheader beginning at 4:30 p.m.
• Fresno State is offering free video streams of both games, and the link to that video can be found by clicking here.
• The Hornets have won four straight, including a 5-2 win at 24th-ranked Stanford, and a three-game home series sweep over Big Sky Conference foe Montana.
• The second and third games of the Montana series both concluded with Sacramento State hitting a walkoff homer in the 10th inning. The second game saw Sydnee Strong launch a three-run shot for an 8-5 victory, and the third game saw Krystal Aubert hit a two-run blast for a 6-4 win.
• Wednesday will begin a seven-game road trip for the Hornets that also includes a doubleheader at Saint Mary's (April 16) and three-game series at Northern Colorado (April 19-20).
• Each team in the seven-member Big Sky gets a week off from conference play, and this is the week the Hornets do not play any league games.
• Last week's win over Stanford was the program's first over a nationally ranked opponent since a home victory against #12 Cal on March 24, 2009. That snapped a string off 22 straight losses to opponents that entered the game with a national ranking.
• Sacramento State won last year's Big Sky regular season and tournament titles, and made its first trip to the NCAA Tournament in 10 years. Every member of that 2018 team received their championship rings last Saturday in a ceremony after the Hornets completed their sweep of Montana.
• The Hornets have played just eight true road games this year, and are 4-4 in those contests.
• Over 55 percent of the team's games have come at home where the Hornets are 15-6.
• Currently, Sacramento State sits in second place in the Big Sky standings with a 5-3 league record, trailing Weber State which is still perfect in conference play (7-0). Two of those Weber State wins came in Ogden against the Hornets.
• Fresno State has won two straight, and nine of its last 10 games. The Bulldogs are 14-2 at home.
• Sacramento State is 11-36 all-time against Fresno State, and has dropped four straight in the series. The last Hornet win over the Bulldogs came at home (W, 3-0) on March 16, 2013.
• Four Hornets will enter Wednesday's doubleheader with hitting streaks of at least four games long. That includes freshman outfielder Brianna Bowers' 10-game hitting streak, which is the longest of the season by any Sacramento State player. Freshman shortstop Shea Graves has a five-game hitting streak, and senior outfielders Sydnee Strong and Nene Alas both have four gamers.
• On Monday, Graves was named the Big Sky's Player of the Week after batting .444 (8-for-18) with six runs, two doubles, two home runs and seven RBIs last week. She hit a home run in both games of the doubleheader against nationally ranked Stanford.
• Right-hander Savanna Corr (2.24 ERA) and left-hander Danielle Sperry (2.45) continue to rank first and second, respectively, in the Big Sky in ERA. The two have combined for a 21-10 record this year as Corr is 14-9 and Sperry 7-1.
• Senior Krystal Aubert (10) and junior Suzy Brookshire (7) rank first and second in the Big Sky in home runs. Aubert has homers in two of her last three, and four of her last eight games. Brookshire is the program's all-time leader with 40 career home runs.
• In 55 plate appearances to lead off an inning, Nene Alas has reached base safely on 25 of those occasions, good for a 45% success rate.
• Brianna Bowers, who owns a 10-game hitting streak, was put into the starting lineup on March 22, and has now started nine straight games. Prior to that, she had started just four times the first 29 games of the season.
May 16, 2019 CORR AND AUBERT NAMED NFCA ALL-PACIFIC REGION
April 26, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR TO PORTLAND STATE
April 22, 2019 AUBERT NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
March 30, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR AT WEBER STATE
March 23, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS SERIES FINALE TO SOUTHERN UTAH, 4-2
March 15, 2019 SOFTBALL BEGINS THE CAPITAL CLASSIC WITH A PAIR OF WINS
March 14, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS AT HOME TO BUCKNELL, 1-0
March 12, 2019 SOFTBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD TO UC DAVIS, 4-0
March 11, 2019 MEJIA AND CORR NAMED BIG SKY SOFTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
February 28, 2019 WINNERS OF THREE STRAIGHT, SOFTBALL TO PLAY IN THE UC RIVERSIDE CLASSIC
February 25, 2019 CORR NAMED BIG SKY PITCHER OF THE WEEK AFTER SWEEP OF LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 23, 2019 SOFTBALL SWEEPS HOME DOUBLEHEADER OVER LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 19, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS THREE-GAME SERIES THIS WEEKEND VS LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
February 17, 2019 SOFTBALL LOSES LATE LEAD, FALLS TO CENTRAL FLORIDA, 6-5
February 16, 2019 SOFTBALL DROPS A PAIR ON THE SECOND DAY OF THE PV COLLEGE CHALLENGE
February 13, 2019 SOFTBALL TRAVELS TO PUERTO VALLARTA FOR FOUR GAMES STARTING ON FRIDAY
February 9, 2019 HUGE INNING PROPELS SOFTBALL TO 14-6 WIN OVER SANTA CLARA
February 8, 2019 SOFTBALL SPLITS TWO GAMES ON FIRST DAY OF THE NORCAL KICKOFF
February 6, 2019 SOFTBALL HOSTS SEASON-OPENING TOURNAMENT FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
November 16, 2018 SOFTBALL SIGNS BERTUCCIO, DAY AND ROBLES TO NATIONAL LETTERS OF INTENT
October 18, 2018 24 HOME GAMES HIGHLIGHT SOFTBALL’S 2019 SCHEDULE
September 10, 2018 MATTHIAS INVITED TO PLAY FOR THE CHINESE TAIPEI NATIONAL TEAM