Full set of game notes (25 pages) - pdf
• Sacramento State (3-0) looks to continue its undefeated season when it travels to Malibu to face Pepperdine (3-2) on Saturday evening. Tip-off at Firestone Fieldhouse is 7:05 p.m.
• The Hornets are off to a 3-0 start for the second straight year, and third time in the last five years. Should Sacramento State win on Saturday, the program would start 4-0 for just the third time in the Div. I era (1991-pres.) - the 1999-00 and 2015-16 teams were 4-0.
• Sacramento State has used a stingy defense to get off to its nice start, as no opponent has scored more than 51 points against the Hornets. The team ranks among the top 3 in the nation in three categories - 1st in 3FG% defense (.087), 2nd in scoring defense (42.3 ppg) and 3rd in FG% defense (.290).
• The Hornets' only deficit all season was 2-0 in the early stages of the UC Davis game.
• The Hornets have played their first three games in Sacramento, including Wednesday's 61-51 win over rival UC Davis on a neutral floor at the downtown Golden 1 Center. The other two victories came inside the Nest.
• All three Sacramento State victories have come by at least 10 points.
• The Hornets rank first in the Big Sky in scoring margin (+24.0), free throw percentage (.745), scoring defense, field goal percentage defense and 3-point field goal defense.
• Sacramento State will now play six of its next eight games on the road, beginning with Saturday's tilt at Peppderine.
• Sacramento State and Pepperdine will face each other for the just third time ever, and first since an 83-58 Waves victory in Los Angeles on Jan. 25, 1969.
• The Hornets won the other meeting against Pepperdine, picking up a 56-55 road win during the 1952-53 season.
• The Hornets have never faced Pepperdine as a member of the Div. I ranks (1991-pres.).
• Pepperdine is 3-2 this year, including a 91-84 loss at USC on Tuesday. The Waves have played just one home game thus far, a 77-73 victory against UC Irvine. Pepperdine is coached by Lorenzo Romar, who is in his second stint as head coach with the Waves.
• Sacramento State has used the same five starters in every game, comprised of Brandon Davis and Izayah Mauriohooho-Le'afa at guard, Osi Nwachukwu and Ethan Esposito at forward, and Joshua Patton at center.
• The Hornets return 11 players (one redshirt), including four starters, from a year ago.
• All Sacramento State home games, and road games played against a Big Sky Conference team, will be video streamed for free on Pluto.TV. Those broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV (home games on channel 533) or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Saturday's game at Pepperdine will be video streamed on the WCC Network.
• There will be no radio for Saturday's game. Every home game this year is broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 23rd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
For Sacramento State's full set of game notes, click on the link above the story
January 16, 2020 WINNING STREAK SNAPPED, MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
December 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS 52-50 ROAD HEARTBREAKER AT MONTANA
December 29, 2019 GAME NOTES: MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY AT MONTANA ON MONDAY NIGHT
December 28, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS BIG SKY OPENER AT MONTANA STATE
December 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL OPENS BIG SKY PLAY SATURDAY AT MONTANA STATE
December 14, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS HEARTBREAKER ON THE ROAD AT SANTA CLARA, 60-58
December 3, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. UC MERCED AT 7 PM
December 3, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 5-1 AFTER 72-36 WIN OVER UC MERCED
November 30, 2019 LATE RUN PROPELS 21ST-RANKED COLORADO TO WIN OVER MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 27, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS LOOKS TO STAY UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT 21ST-RANKED COLORADO
November 26, 2019 PATTON NAMED BIG SKY MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
November 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT PEPPERDINE
November 20, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 61-51 WIN OVER UC DAVIS AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 18, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL SET FOR GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP WEDNESDAY VS. UC DAVIS
November 15, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 2-0 AFTER 62-49 WIN OVER UC RIVERSIDE
November 8, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL CRUSHES SIMPSON, 76-27, IN SEASON OPENER
October 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL BEATS WESTCLIFF, 88-60, IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
August 6, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2019-20 SCHEDULE