SACRAMENTO -- Sacramento State 12th-year head men's basketball coach Brian Katz announced the program has signed Vanden High School wing Teiano Hardee and Grant Union High School forward David Jones to National Letters of Intent.
Hardee was a four-year member of the varsity squad at Vanden High School in Fairfield. Jones, who graduated from high school last spring, is currently playing for Woodstock Academy in Connecticut. He was a four-year member of the varsity squad at Grant Union High School in Sacramento from 2015-19.
• A 6-foot-5, 205-pound guard from Fairfield, Calif. Will enroll at Sacramento State as a freshman.
• Entering his fourth season with the varsity squad at Vanden High School in Fairfield.
• Has helped Vanden to a 70-23 overall record and 27-3 mark in league play, as well as a pair of league championships.
• Last season as a junior, Hardee was named the Monticello Empire League MVP after averaging 22.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game while leading Vanden to a second round appearance at sections.
• Named first team all-league during both his sophomore and junior seasons.
• Will serve as team captain of the Vikings for the second straight year.
• Recorded his 1,000th career point last season.
• Named first team all-Solano County Athletic Conference as a sophomore after averaging 12.4 points, 5.7 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game.
• Over a three-game stretch during his junior season, he combined to score 119 points, including 43 vs. Vacaville High School. The 43 points were the second highest total in Vanden single-game history.
• Sister, Taimane Lesa-Hardee, is a sophomore guard at San Francisco State.
• Played AAU ball for Team Lillard for two years.
"Teiano is extremely skilled, and an excellent scorer as evidence by multiple 40-point games last year. He is also an outstanding passer, and will penalize you for double teaming or paying extra attention to him. By the numbers, he is the best high school scorer we have signed during my time here," Katz said.
• A 6-foot-8, 195-pound forward from Sacramento. Will enroll at Sacramento State as a freshman.
• Currently playing at Woodstock Academy in Woodstock, Conn. That team is three games into its season.
• A local product, Jones played four years at Grant Union High School from 2015-19.
• A four-year member of the varsity team at Grant. Became a starter towards the end of his freshman season, and then started as a sophomore, junior and senior.
• During his final three seasons, he helped the Pacers to a combined record of 69-29 overall and 28-12 in league play. That included state tournament appearances each of those three seasons.
• Team captain during both his junior and senior years.
• Named first team all-league as a senior after averaging 11.1 points, 10.0 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 2.9 blocks and 1.1 steals per game.
• As a senior, he was named the Player of the Game in the Sac-Joaquin Section championship loss to St. Mary's High School (59-58) after finishing with 12 points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots.
• As a junior, he averaged 9.8 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.7 blocked shots per game.
• Had a career-best 10 blocked shots against Inderkum High School during his sophomore season.
• Played AAU ball for West Coast Elite last spring and summer.
"David is a front line player with excellent athleticism and is high energy all the time. He also has a very high basketball IQ, runs the floor well, rebounds and blocks shots. He is a versatile defender, and can guard every position on the floor," Katz said.
January 27, 2020 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS ON THE ROAD AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 17, 2020 MEN'S HOOPS TRAVELS TO SOUTHERN UTAH FOR SATURDAY MATINEE
January 16, 2020 WINNING STREAK SNAPPED, MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
December 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS 52-50 ROAD HEARTBREAKER AT MONTANA
December 29, 2019 GAME NOTES: MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY AT MONTANA ON MONDAY NIGHT
December 28, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS BIG SKY OPENER AT MONTANA STATE
December 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL OPENS BIG SKY PLAY SATURDAY AT MONTANA STATE
December 14, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL DROPS HEARTBREAKER ON THE ROAD AT SANTA CLARA, 60-58
December 3, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. UC MERCED AT 7 PM
December 3, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 5-1 AFTER 72-36 WIN OVER UC MERCED
November 30, 2019 LATE RUN PROPELS 21ST-RANKED COLORADO TO WIN OVER MEN’S BASKETBALL
November 27, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS LOOKS TO STAY UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT 21ST-RANKED COLORADO
November 26, 2019 PATTON NAMED BIG SKY MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYER OF THE WEEK
November 22, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL LOOKS TO REMAIN UNBEATEN SATURDAY AT PEPPERDINE
November 20, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 61-51 WIN OVER UC DAVIS AT THE GOLDEN 1 CENTER
November 18, 2019 MEN'S BASKETBALL SET FOR GOLDEN 1 CENTER MATCHUP WEDNESDAY VS. UC DAVIS
November 15, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL IMPROVES TO 2-0 AFTER 62-49 WIN OVER UC RIVERSIDE
November 8, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL CRUSHES SIMPSON, 76-27, IN SEASON OPENER
October 30, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL BEATS WESTCLIFF, 88-60, IN LONE EXHIBITION GAME
August 6, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES ITS 2019-20 SCHEDULE