Full set of game notes (pdf)
Big Sky Conference standings
• Fresh off a 59-56 road win at Eastern Washington on Thursday, Sacramento State (13-13, 7-10) will play its final road game of the regular season on Saturday night at Idaho (4-24, 1-16). Tip-off at Cowan Spectrum is 7:05 p.m.
• The win at Eastern Washington was the Hornets' sixth consecutive victory when playing on a Thursday. Now, Sacramento State will attempt to solve its issues on Saturday.
• The Hornets have lost 10 consecutive games on a Saturday, and all nine Saturday contests against a Big Sky Conference opponent. Overall, the Hornets are 2-10 on Saturday, including wins over Cal State Fullerton and Cal State Northridge.
• Sacramento State is currently the 14th most improved team in the nation after going 7-25 a year ago, not to mention a 4-14 record in conference play.
• Saturday's game is the final leg of a three-game road trip that includes an eight-point loss last Saturday at Portland State.
• With three games left in the regular season, Sacramento State sits in a tie for eighth place with Northern Arizona. The Hornets are just two games back of fifth place as three teams - Southern Utah, Portland Sate and Eastern Washington - are tied for fifth at 9-8.
• The top five places receive a first round bye into the Big Sky Tournament, which will take place March 13-16 in Boise, Idaho.
• If the season ended today, the Hornets would be the No. 8 seed and play No. 9 Northern Arizona in the first round of the Big Sky Tournament on March 13 at 8:30 a.m. PDT.
• Since dropping its first four games to open Big Sky play, Sacramento State has gone 7-6 over its last 13 conference games. During that stretch, the Hornets have three road wins over Northern Arizona, Idaho State and Eastern Washington.
• Of the Hornets' 17 league games thus far, eight have been decided by six points or less. Sacramento State is 3-5 in those outcomes.
• All 11 Big Sky teams are playing a 20-game conference schedule, and Saturday's matchup will be the Hornets' second against Idaho.
• In the first matchup against Idaho at the Nest on Jan. 24, the Hornets led for more than 35 minutes of game clock, and held a double-digit advantage the final 27:42 on the way to a 69-48 win over the Vandals.
• Idaho is one of the youngest teams in the country, and, with its lone senior, Nate Sherwood, out for the season, the Vandals return zero starters from last year's squad.
• Idaho has lost 14 straight games, and hasn't won since its lone conference victory at home over Eastern Washington (74-71) on Jan. 3. However, the Vandals continue to get better, and nearly beat Portland State (L, 67-65) at home on Thursday night.
• Sacramento State is 5-18 all-time against Idaho, including a 2-11 mark when playing on the road. The Hornets have lost two straight in Moscow with the last win coming on Jan. 28, 2016 (a 65-63 win).
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Saturday's game can be seen on Pluto.TV channel 242.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
March 2, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS IN SHOOTOUT AT IDAHO, 94-90
February 23, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS SHOOTING GOES COLD IN 65-57 ROAD LOSS AT PORTLAND STATE
February 20, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. WEBER STATE
February 16, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS AT HOME TO NORTHERN ARIZONA
February 14, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. SOUTHERN UTAH
February 11, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL NEVER TRAILS IN 78-67 HOME WIN OVER PORTLAND STATE
February 9, 2019 LATE SURGE DOOMS MEN’S HOOPS IN 65-59 ROAD LOSS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
February 1, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY NIGHT AT WEBER STATE
January 30, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT IDAHO STATE
January 25, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME SATURDAY NIGHT VS. EASTERN WASHINGTON
January 24, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS CRUISES TO 69-48 HOME WIN OVER IDAHO
January 23, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME; HOST IDAHO ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 18, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY ROAD MATINEE ON SATURDAY AT SOUTHERN UTAH
January 15, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BEGINS BRIEF ROAD TRIP THURSDAY AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 12, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS LAST SECOND HEART BREAKER TO IDAHO STATE, 72-70
January 10, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS NIGHT
January 4, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS GETS SET FOR SATURDAY MATINEE AT MONTANA STATE
December 27, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY ON SATURDAY AT HOME VS NORTHERN COLORADO
December 21, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL LEADS AT HALFTIME, BUT EVENTUALLY FALLS AT WASHINGTON
December 19, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TRAVELS TO WASHINGTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAME AT 6 PM
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN