Full set of game notes (28 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Fresh off Thursday's convincing 74-58 road win at Idaho State, the Hornets (9-9, 3-6) will play the second leg of their three-game road trip on Saturday at Weber State (13-8, 7-3). Tip-off at the Dee Events Center is set for 6:05 p.m. PST.
• Sacramento State has won three of its last five games. In fact, if you go back six games, the Hornets could be riding a six-game winning streak if not for close losses vs. Idaho State (72-70), Southern Utah (76-71) and Eastern Washington (94-92 in OT).
• Sacramento State's 3-6 conference record is a little misleading as five of the team's eight league games have been decided by five points or less. Unfortunately for the Hornets, the team is 1-4 in those close outcomes.
• Sacramento State currently sits in ninth place in the 11-team Big Sky, but is just one game back of sixth place and two games back of fourth place.
• Thursday's win allowed the Hornets to move their road record to 3-6, and 2-3 against Big Sky opposition. The 16-point win at Idaho State was the team's largest margin of victory on the road against a Big Sky team since a 77-49 win at Southern Utah on Jan. 11, 2014.
• With 11 games remaining in the regular season, Sacramento State has already surpassed its win total from all of last year (7-25 overall, 4-14 in the Big Sky).
• All 11 Big Sky teams are playing a 20-game conference schedule this year, and Saturday's game will mark the first meeting between the Hornets and Weber State.
• Weber State is 13-8, 7-3, but has dropped two straight, including a 75-68 loss at Montana on Saturday, and 76-75 home loss to Portland State on Thursday.
• Prior to the two-game losing streak, the Wildcats had won eight of nine games.
• Weber State was selected second in the Big Sky preseason coaches and media polls.
• The Wildcats have four players averaging double figures - Jerrick Harding (21.8 ppg), Cody John (14.7 ppg), Brekkott Chapman (12.7 ppg) and Zach Braxton (10.7 ppg).
• In a series that dates back to 1969, Sacramento State is 7-40 against Weber State. That includes a 2-22 record when playing the Wildcats in Ogden.
• Last season, Weber State swept the season series. The Hornets are 3-5 over the last eight games against the Wildcats dating back to 2014.
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Saturday's game can be found on Pluto.TV channel 235.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.