Full set of game notes (28 pages) - pdf
Big Sky Conference standings
• Fresh off a convincing 69-48 home win over Idaho, Sacramento State (8-8, 2-5) welcomes Eastern Washington (5-13, 3-4) to the Nest on Saturday for a 7:05 p.m. tip.
• The Hornets had played in three straight games decided by five points or less until leading by double figures the final 27:42 against Idaho on Thursday night.
• Of the Hornets' seven conference games, four have been decided by five points or less.
• Though the Hornets have dropped five of their first seven conference games, Sacramento State could just as easily be above the .500 mark in league play. However, the Hornets haven't been their best in the late stages of close games. Sacramento State led, 63-58, with 2:30 remaining vs. Northern Colorado, trailed, 69-67, with 4:00 left at Montana State, and held a 64-62 lead with 2:38 left vs. Idaho State. Each was a loss.
• With 13 games remaining in the regular season, Sacramento State has already surpassed its win total from all of last season (7-25 overall, 4-14 in the Big Sky).
• Of the Hornets' five conference losses, four have come against teams that currently take up four of the top five spots in the Big Sky standings.
• Sacramento State is 5-2 at home this season, and 63-27 (.700 winning percentage) inside the Nest dating back to the 2012-13 season. The Hornets' lone home losses this year were both close - 70-65 vs. Northern Colorado; 72-70 vs. Idaho State.
• Eastern Washington, which has 13 underclassmen on its roster, has a 5-13 overall record and 3-4 conference mark. The Eagles had a two-game winning streak halted on Thursday after falling at Portland State, 78-65.
• The Eagles are 0-10 on the road, and 0-3 in conference road games. Of those 10 road losses, eight have come by double figures.
• Sacramento State is 14-35 all-time against Eastern Washington, which includes an 11-12 mark when playing at home.
• The Hornets have dropped eight straight games to Eastern Washington, the longest active losing streak against any team in the Big Sky. The Hornets' last win over the Eagles came at home (90-77) on Jan. 17, 2015. During that eight-game losing streak, only two of those losses have come at home (four in Cheney, two at the Big Sky Tournament).
• Overall this season, Sacramento State (69.5 ppg) and Eastern Washington (67.8 ppg) are second to last, and last, in the Big Sky in scoring offense.
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
March 2, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS IN SHOOTOUT AT IDAHO, 94-90
February 23, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS SHOOTING GOES COLD IN 65-57 ROAD LOSS AT PORTLAND STATE
February 20, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. WEBER STATE
February 16, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS AT HOME TO NORTHERN ARIZONA
February 14, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. SOUTHERN UTAH
February 11, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL NEVER TRAILS IN 78-67 HOME WIN OVER PORTLAND STATE
February 9, 2019 LATE SURGE DOOMS MEN’S HOOPS IN 65-59 ROAD LOSS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
February 1, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY NIGHT AT WEBER STATE
January 30, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT IDAHO STATE
January 25, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME SATURDAY NIGHT VS. EASTERN WASHINGTON
January 24, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS CRUISES TO 69-48 HOME WIN OVER IDAHO
January 23, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME; HOST IDAHO ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 18, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY ROAD MATINEE ON SATURDAY AT SOUTHERN UTAH
January 15, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BEGINS BRIEF ROAD TRIP THURSDAY AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 12, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS LAST SECOND HEART BREAKER TO IDAHO STATE, 72-70
January 10, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS NIGHT
January 4, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS GETS SET FOR SATURDAY MATINEE AT MONTANA STATE
December 27, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY ON SATURDAY AT HOME VS NORTHERN COLORADO
December 21, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL LEADS AT HALFTIME, BUT EVENTUALLY FALLS AT WASHINGTON
December 19, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TRAVELS TO WASHINGTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAME AT 6 PM
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN