Full set of game notes (pdf) - 27 pages
Big Sky Conference standings
• After playing four of the first six Big Sky Conference games on the road, the schedule will become more home friendly for Sacramento State (7-8, 1-5) over the next month.
• During that span, the Hornets will play six of the next nine games at home, and that begins on Thursday when they welcome Idaho (4-13, 1-5) to the Nest for a 7:05 p.m. tip.
• The last three Sacramento State games, and four of the team's six conference games, have been decided by five points or less. That includes the game on Saturday at Southern Utah when the Hornets nearly came back from a 28-point second half deficit, and had a chance to tie late with a 3-pointer in an eventual 76-71 loss.
• Last Thursday, the Hornets got their first conference win after Joshua Patton capped a 34-point evening by burying a 6-foot jumper with 0.5 seconds left to beat NAU, 66-64.
• Though the Hornets have dropped five of their first six conference games, Sacramento State could just as easily be above the .500 mark in league play. However, the Hornets haven't been their best in the late stages of the second half. Sacramento State led, 63-58, with 2:30 remaining vs. Northern Colorado, trailed, 69-67, with 4:00 left at Montana State, and held a 64-62 lead with 2:38 left vs. Idaho State. Each resulted in a loss.
• With 14 games remaining in the regular season, Sacramento State has already matched its win total from all of last season (7-25 overall, 4-14 in the Big Sky).
• Of the team's five conference losses, four have come against teams that currently take up four of the top five spots in the Big Sky standings.
• Idaho, which lost four starters and seven players from last season's 22-9/14-4 squad, will bring a 4-13 overall record and 1-5 league mark into Thursday's game.
• The Vandals have lost three straight and nine of their last 10 games. They are 1-4 on the road with the lone win coming at North Dakota on Dec. 1.
• Among the four starters Idaho lost from a year ago are two players in Victor Sanders (19.0 ppg) and Brayon Blake (17.0) that combined to average 36 points.
• Sacramento State is 4-18 all-time against Idaho, including a 2-8 record at home. However, the Hornets have won two of the three meetings against the Vandals inside the Nest since Idaho joined the Big Sky prior to the 2014-15 season. Both of those wins came by three points (68-65 in 2015-16; 79-76 in 2014-15). Idaho did beat the Hornets last season in the Nest by an 81-58 score.
• Since Idaho joined the Big Sky, four of the seven meetings with the Hornets have been decided by three points or less.
• Every game the remainder of the season can be viewed live and free on Pluto.TV. All home games can be found on Pluto.TV channel 233. The Pluto broadcasts can be watched online at Pluto.TV or by downloading the app for your mobile device.
• Every game this year will be broadcast live on ESPN 1320 AM with 22nd-year play-by-play man Steve McElroy calling all the action.
• Links for all multimedia options, including live stats for every game, can be found next to each game on the men's basketball schedule at www.hornetsports.com.
March 2, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL FALLS IN SHOOTOUT AT IDAHO, 94-90
February 23, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS SHOOTING GOES COLD IN 65-57 ROAD LOSS AT PORTLAND STATE
February 20, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONCLUDES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. WEBER STATE
February 16, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS FALLS AT HOME TO NORTHERN ARIZONA
February 14, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES HOMESTAND THURSDAY NIGHT VS. SOUTHERN UTAH
February 11, 2019 MEN’S BASKETBALL NEVER TRAILS IN 78-67 HOME WIN OVER PORTLAND STATE
February 9, 2019 LATE SURGE DOOMS MEN’S HOOPS IN 65-59 ROAD LOSS AT NORTHERN COLORADO
February 1, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS CONTINUES ROAD TRIP SATURDAY NIGHT AT WEBER STATE
January 30, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS THREE-GAME ROAD TRIP ON THURSDAY AT IDAHO STATE
January 25, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME SATURDAY NIGHT VS. EASTERN WASHINGTON
January 24, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS CRUISES TO 69-48 HOME WIN OVER IDAHO
January 23, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME; HOST IDAHO ON THURSDAY NIGHT AT 7 PM
January 18, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS TO PLAY ROAD MATINEE ON SATURDAY AT SOUTHERN UTAH
January 15, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS BEGINS BRIEF ROAD TRIP THURSDAY AT NORTHERN ARIZONA
January 12, 2019 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS LAST SECOND HEART BREAKER TO IDAHO STATE, 72-70
January 10, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS IDAHO STATE ON SATURDAY FOR KIDS NIGHT
January 4, 2019 MEN'S HOOPS GETS SET FOR SATURDAY MATINEE AT MONTANA STATE
December 27, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS OPENS BIG SKY PLAY ON SATURDAY AT HOME VS NORTHERN COLORADO
December 21, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL LEADS AT HALFTIME, BUT EVENTUALLY FALLS AT WASHINGTON
December 19, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL TRAVELS TO WASHINGTON FOR FRIDAY NIGHT GAME AT 6 PM
December 11, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL USES LATE 29-2 RUN TO BEAT HOLY NAMES, 81-56
December 10, 2018 MEN'S HOOPS BACK AT HOME TUESDAY NIGHT VS. HOLY NAMES AT 7 PM
December 8, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS DROPS TO 4-2 AFTER 76-67 LOSS AT PORTLAND
December 6, 2018 MEN'S BASKETBALL WRAPS UP ROAD TRIP ON SATURDAY AT PORTLAND
December 5, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL ADDS HOME GAME ON THURSDAY, DEC. 13
November 27, 2018 HUGE WEEK LANDS GRAVES BIG SKY PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS
November 24, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS NOW 3-0 AFTER 87-82 OVERTIME WIN AGAINST CAL STATE FULLERTON
November 16, 2018 FRIDAY NIGHT’S MEN’S BASKETBALL HOME GAME AGAINST CAL POLY POSTPONED
November 14, 2018 SECOND GAME OF THE SEASON: MEN'S HOOPS HOSTS CAL POLY
September 26, 2018 MEN’S HOOPS SEASON ON THE HORIZON, FIRST OFFICIAL TEAM PRACTICE IS FRIDAY
September 12, 2018 FORMER MEN’S BASKETBALL HEAD COACH DON NEWMAN PASSES AWAY
July 24, 2018 MEN’S BASKETBALL RELEASES THE 2018-19 SCHEDULE
July 19, 2018 THE NEST RECEIVES A BRAND NEW FLOOR DESIGN