SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento State football team added the first pieces to its 2014 recruiting class with the signing of three players to National Letters of Intent, it was announced today. The group is comprised of offensive lineman Anthony Viveiros, defensive back James Ferraro and receiver Dominic Coulter. All three players will enroll at the University for the spring semester.
Viveiros earned all-Golden Gate Conference honors as a center in 2013. The 6-foot-1, 275-pounder helped lead Laney JC to an 8-3 overall record and a 3-1 league record during his sophomore season. Prior to attending Laney, Viveiros was the Hayward Area Athletic League Lineman of the Year at Castro Valley HS.
Ferraro will come to the Hornets with three seasons of eligibility after playing one year at Golden West JC. In 2013, he tallied 26 tackles with an interception while playing in all 11 games. That effort helped him be named second team all-Southern Conference.
Coulter is a 6-foot-2, 225-pound receiver who most recently played at Nevada. A native of Tustin, Calif., Coulter prepped at Tustin HS where he averaged 18.7 yards per reception during his career.
Wide Receiver | 6-2 | 225 | Jr. | Tustin, Calif. | Tustin HS | Nevada
|• Attended Nevada for three season, redshirting in 2011 before playing in 2012 and 2013.
• Did not record statistics during his time with the Wolf Pack.
• Prepped at Tustin HS where he caught 23 passes for 437 yards and four touchdowns.
High School Head Coach: Myron Miller
Defensive Back | 5-11 | 180 | So. | Fullerton, Calif. | Servite HS | Golden West JC
|• Played one season at Golden West JC in Huntington Beach, Calif.
• Appeared in all 11 games and finished the season with 26 tackles and an interception.
• Returned an interception 40 yards for a touchdown at Grossmont JC.
• Named second team all-Southern Conference in 2013.
• Was a second team all-Trinity League selection as a senior at Servite HS.
JC Head Coach: Nick Mitchell | High School Head Coach: Troy Thomas
Offensive Line | 6-1 | 275 | Jr. | Castro Valley, Calif. | Castro Valley HS | Laney JC
|• Named first team all-Golden Gate Conference as a sophomore.
• Helped the team an 8-3 overall record and a 3-1 mark in the Golden Gate Conference in 2013.
• Team led the league 252.8 rushing yards per game and allowed just 16 sacks during the year.
• Was the Hayward Area Athletic League Lineman of the Year and first team selection as a senior at Castro Valley HS.
JC Head Coach: John Beam | High School Head Coach: Nic McMaster